RBI Grade B Analysis On The Rbi Phase Ii 2017 Paper (phase 2)

Discussion in 'Banking' started by Peggy, Jul 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Peggy

Peggy Member

Asking strategy can be wrong right now..but i think if you guys can share the kind of questions asked in phase 2, then it would be really helpful because its fresh for now.
    This is for both selected and not selected candidates.
    Thanks

2. Source:Telegram
    My analysis on the RBI Phase II 2017 paper:

1. ESI-
    Government schemes, Economic Survey, Budget, Current affairs covered as much as 80% of the paper. This years' paper had more emphasis on Government schemes and Current affairs relating to banking awareness. Along with these, basic concepts of each topic mentioned in syllabus would cover the remaining 20%. Also note that regular reading of a business and political newspaper would benefit in a big way(4 months prior to exam is a must)

2. English-
    Standard paper. Hot topics such as NPA, Digitisation etc were amongst the options for Essay. Precis writing was doable as well keeping in mind the hygiene factors of writing a Precis. Easiest was Comprehension decoding as it required basic understanding of the passage and reframing the content to produce answers. There were a total of 5 questions asked from Comprehension. Marks breakup are: Essay-40, Precis-30, Comprehension-30

3. FM-
    This section was interesting. Numericals did not play a huge role this year but cannot be ignored at all in the subsequent year. Questions came from current affairs based on financial news, topics mentioned in syllabus. Management dominated the section this year. All topics. mentioned in syllabus for management are vital. Questions were asked in depth and options were made tricky as well. This could be countered only through thorough understanding of the concepts.

Lastly, revision plays a huge role to nail this exam along with mock practice to gain confidence. I will most likely not make it this year, but exactly know where i lacked. Consistent preparation for three to four months are sufficient to nail this exam. However, i would suggest all to start at least 7-8 months prior so that we hold the edge and there are no last minute anxiety issues. Start immediately if you want this job as bad as you want to breathe. Phase I also cannot be taken lightly.

Many of us would already know the above stated things, but i hope first timers would benefit from my analysis.

All the best for '18.

3. If someone has to write some request or queries to RBI SERVICES BOARD ( Not related to Notification or Change of Criteria)...What is the Procedure....

4. But can I ask anything to RBI SERVICES BOARD...here

5. Lindal_Orona

Lindal_Orona New Member

Congratulations Sir..Sir I am presently working as a branch manager in a Public Sector Bank..I have also qualified the Phase 1 exams....See more

6. Subhanshu Dutta

Subhanshu Dutta New Member

bro, there r no retro amendments in law from 2014.. and bythe way u hve been deviated lot while saying abt capital gain tax...

7. BoomBoomUlli

BoomBoomUlli New Member

Now when use of calculators has been prohibited in finance paper. What all changes are you guys expecting in the paper?

8. Adesh Dhattarwal

Adesh Dhattarwal New Member

please suggest the best online coaching website for rbi grade B both phase 1 and 2?

9. Hi All, I am following the book Prasanna Chandra for Finance and have listed Part I, II, III of the book for study. Please can someone point out rest of the chapters from other parts of the book or provide link to any website/video that has the chapters listed.

10. Arjun Sheoran

Arjun Sheoran New Member

For people who are messaging me various questions on GST - Kindly watch this

11. Phase II guys, join WhatsApp group for constructive discussions on Mains.. Regards!

12. Viju Aspirant

Viju Aspirant New Member

is calculator permitted or not? under point 14 it says it isn't ,but it says it is ..below,in red

13. RobinHood

RobinHood New Member

Yes ... abhilash ji ...to give basic clarity ... i have to move out a lot. This just gives a primary understanding only. Further reading the concept with current happenings will give a true picture.

14. Anurag Pathak

Anurag Pathak New Member

Is thr any restrictions on the type of calculator that can be used... Because somewhr it was mentioned that Oly non- programmable calculators were allowed. @Viju Aspirant sir... Plz throw some light on this also...

15. Saurav Tyagi

Saurav Tyagi New Member

Thank You! The post says entire book is to be read, there are some sections which need to be skipped.

16. Hardesh Singh

Hardesh Singh New Member

Is it possible for RBI to normalize scores if the cut off is too low ?

17. @Saurav Tyagi Skipping will not be a good strategy because some basic questions are also asked from various sections. But if you are not comfortable in Finance you can skip difficult portion of derivatives and financial markets. For more queries, comment on the same link above.

18. Dont even open it now rather do numericals from other sources and follow static finance part from bharti pathak

19. Peggy

Peggy Member

Yes., They will definitely normalize to a higher score in case of super low cut off and relative toughness. Last time, in QA, I attempted 12 found 4 wrong , still my marks were 10. But, they won't do for all sections.