As per RBI is it possible to reopen a close account or need to open a new account?

Discussion in 'IIBF JAIIB CAIIB' started by Navneet Kumar, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Navneet Kumar

Navneet Kumar New Member

As per RBI is it possible to reopen a close account or need to open a new account?

2. Shiwang Pandey

Shiwang Pandey New Member

What's the purpose of reopening the closed one? Do you want to keep the account number same?

3. Aditya Tiwari

Aditya Tiwari New Member

If the ac is closed by the head office and want to reopen it is impossible how ever we can use the custid

4. Jyoti Keswani

Jyoti Keswani New Member

IF THE A/C IS CLOSED ERRONEOUSLY BY THE BRANCH THAT CAN BE REOPEN BY THE BACK OFFICE

5. Anant Battan

Anant Battan New Member

Actually customer came to me at HO level and asking that sir I want to reopen my closed account

6. Anant Battan

Anant Battan New Member

It can reopen from back office but just wanted to know whether there is any guideline by RBI

7. Nag Raj

Nag Raj New Member

same day or next day is not a process...this depend on your core banking solution.

8. Sarnath

Sarnath New Member

In banclink its possible. Same day it can be re open in branch lavel. Otherwise mail to CBSPO. they will re open it till 90 days from closure date. After that its impossible

9. Sarnath

Sarnath New Member

Closure correction. You will get it in transaction posting option.. then choose deposit/cc/od then closure then closure correction

10. Kishore Rawat

Kishore Rawat New Member

Everything(mostly) is possible in bansclink in day to day transactions for the same day to reverse except neft/rtgs....

11. Dead man can't be alive and closed account cant be opened

12. Sumant Kumar

Sumant Kumar New Member

In SBI closed ac can be reopened with DGMs approval by service desk request

13. branch cannot open close a/C BUT BACK OFFICE CAN OPEN

14. ☺ can we become babies again so that we can change our jobs

15. erich37

erich37 New Member

If erroneously closed can be opened on same day by sending request to service desk

16. Gyaneshwar Gehlot

Gyaneshwar Gehlot New Member

In sbi, if account closed erroneously,same day in branch itself we can reopen , but next day not possible in CBS, for that we have to write a letter to dgm forwarded by rbo , after dgm approval that letter scan copy we have to put it in service desk of concerned circle ,they will escalte to mumbai service desk,from there TCS people will reopen the account on same day or next day,it will take max two days , my self opened the closed account by above process