Congrats to all those selected for sidbi grade a

Discussion in 'Banking' started by Rathore Prakash, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Rathore Prakash

Rathore Prakash New Member

Hi puys

Congrats to all those selected

Anyways I would.like to clarify few things
    1)it's a good job of course not like civils or RBI or sebi but it's a good job
    2) don't compare it to any SSC jobs as only few SSC jobs are good(read only 2) that too if you can do corruption than only or else salary wise it's a good one if one wants to have clean life with decent salary it's an okay one SSC jobs are good in their own sense (I was also selected for SSC interview as well didn't appear as I got SIDBI but I have my own reasons like everyone else has) no need to demean any job as finally until unless u get civils or RBI grade b (in banking) ur not going to get that joint secy and above post as most wl end up in a JAG post
    3)don't keep too much expectations from it as it wl only disappoint take it as just another job do you're work enjoy your life , read hard for upsc and RBI(if that's you're aim)
    4)salary in hand - currently in metros including all perks(for no jaiib and caiib ppl) will be around 51-52k
    In non metro it will be around 50k
    There is also Sodexo of 2.9k
    So it's a good take away salary in my opinion until unless if u have intention of corruption
    Bakki bank flats or 13.5k lease amt for all centres
    Abhi salary is due to revision and will be revised by oct-nov which will increase it by around 12k
    (As per my info)
    Bakki sodexo and flat
    Other than there are loads of other benefits and perks (annual , and biannual and each 5years type)
    5) workload well will vary from branch to branch and month to month
    April-july(1st quater)-not much work no work on Saturday enjoy the time and utilise it for studies
    Aug-sept(2nd)-work will slowly increase but still no work on Saturday and ofc leaving time will be 6:15-6:30
    Oct-dec(3rd)- slight increase in work everyone will start thinking of business
    Ofc leaving time will increase now it will be 6:45-7:00
    Out of the 12-13 Saturdays u might work in 3-4 Saturdays
    Jan-feb(last)- workload will increase drastically now leaving time 7-7:15
    Out if 8-9 Saturdays one might work in 4-5
    March (rush time)- daily in working days one might stay upto 7:45
    U wl be called in Saturday (varies from branch to branch though) Saturday ko bhi u wl have to stay upto 6-6:30
    U might have to work in 2-3 holidays if closing is near
    Overally except for march rush time the working time is pretty decent (again not all are used to this so some might not feel really good)
    U wl find these kind of everywhere now a days so Sidbi is no exception
    U go to nabard u wl find the same I guess only in RBI it will be less due to nature if their work
    6)
    Promotions- we in SIDBI follow the system if grades which is diff from.PSB plus here we have no intermediate posts like in PSBs
    Am-mgr -4-5 yrs provided u clear the written exam (no vacancy so almost all who clear gets the promotion)
    Mgr-AGM- it's the trickiest one even in RBI it takes 7 yrs so Sidbi is no exception
    5-9yrs(only in exception it will go beyond 9 yrs only 1-2 are facing this as almost all gets through)
    Once u get through AGM than ur path will be much smoother a)no more written exams only interview b)vacancies will be more compared to the candidates will be called
    So chances are u wl take 5-8yr to become a dgm (but there are few have def struggled bcz if the issue of low Performance Ratings but such cases are low in numbers)
    Dgm-gm me things get btr 50% will clear so 5-6 yrs for it and than gm to cgm in 4-5 yrs
    Finally if ur lucky and u have done something significant than u might end up as the DMD of SIDBI(one guys got DMD directly from GM as its an open competition post)
    It's a small org so promotion might take time
    But again some don't take it willingly
    7)transfers will be through out India in every 4-5 yrs but unlike many banks it's but stable here in Sidbi aa it will be in 4-5 yrs only until unless one request to chnge for genuine reasons bfr that time
    8)accommodation- 2bhk bank flats is available or u can lease with 13.5
    Currently among all big centres only shortage is in MUMBAI
    Which is a big issue and the junior mist suffers for it
    But Sidbi will provide 2bhk furnishes flats which will be shared 4ppl at Max
    Hopefully we will soon have a btr lease amt to help us in Mumbai
    Bakki for seniors it's not an issue only for Jr it's an issue
    At other big centres flats is der and in smaller ones 13.5k is more than enuf to have a good 2bhk and 3bhk

Hopefully all these infos will help alot
    Ping me in case of any further info
    I won't be active in pg due to preparation for other exams but when I will be available I will def try to respond to every queries
    My advice enjoy the time , u guys have got a good job but don't expect too much from this job in fact don't expect alot from any job
    And don't waste you're time comparing any job all are good and bad in their own sense and finally if u think u have it than aim higher and prepare for civils and RBI grade b(for those who love banking) or else all these nabard Sidbi SSC all are same u wl be a second class citizen in all of them
    All the best

2. Guest

Guest Guest

JAG means

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Which post of Ssc is good..

4. Guest

Guest Guest

50k in hand h.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for info... Sir salary structure detail me btaiye plss.. I mean revised... And if this revised is from 2012 then 2017 me next expected hai kya

6. Guest

Guest Guest

junior admin grade in central civil services or the post of deputy secy where most of the promotee get retired few gets director post bakki i dnt knw much about ssc as i have mentioned i nvr attended ssc interview as i got sidbi but i have heard ki examiner is good due to good promtions but again dis yr as the number increased now promotion aspect of that is also low so bakki dont knw and my meaning of good ssc posts is ki its good dats it not compring to sidbi :-

7. Guest

Guest Guest

abhi basic is 17100 and grade pay is 1500 expected is 28150 basic and grade pay 5400 or something bakki again it will be due in 2017

8. Guest

Guest Guest

yes its in hand plus on and above it sodexo and accommodation

9. Guest

Guest Guest

what is this grade pay ? is the da calculated over basic + grade pay

10. Guest

Guest Guest

DO we get this much of salary during training period too ?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

in training period no sodexo and petrol allowance(instead of it one will get 4k) bakki u wl get everything (atleast it was n our case)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Sir check ur inbox

13. Guest

Guest Guest

What is the duration of training ?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

training or probation ? i mean is petrol given during probation period ?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

trainig is for 8 weeks ussme nhi ut in probation yes milega

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you so much sir..And room share karna hota hai ya single accommodation milta hai?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

All this if one gets through wat are the chances of clearing waiting list i mean till wat numbers chances are high

18. Guest

Guest Guest

what type of work one has to do as a grade a officer?

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Sir, when are the joining locations allotted...before training or otherwise?

20. Guest

Guest Guest

@bugsbunnyloony Sir, i joined SBI as PO in 2015 batch and am posted in my home circle, would get posting in my hometown in 3-4 months acc. to training schedule. Considering this and the 2 lac bond in SIDBI, is it wise to leave SBI ?? ( My aim is to crack RBI grade b, missed it this year by a whisker!!) totally confused. pls help!!

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks ..very informative indeed.. Glad to see you back on PG after a long while..

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Which is better LIC AAO or SIDBI....pls help

23. Guest

Guest Guest

Is sidbi better than sbi...??? I am working in sbi... hell lot of work... i am scale 2 officer and doing role of a credit officer to general banking to cross selling to pradhan mantri yojnas implementation. .. no time for self or family and rural posting too...totally frustrated... now i am selected in sidbi... but leaving sbi after dlfive years and next year i wud be scale 3 officer.... is it worth to go for sidbi... please help.... salarywise sidbi seems better...but more than anything i want peace of mind and family time.... will i get this in sidbi

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Please help...buddy

25. Guest

Guest Guest

if u want have peace of mind then SIDBI is a better destiny than SBI. As u r abt to get promoted as a scale 3 officer, think twice coz in SIDBI promotions do come after a minimum of 5-6 years. by the time u get ur promotion in SIDBI u wud very well be a scale 4 officer in SBI which makes both the positions equally poised. Think twice before getting into SIDBI, its better to step back without joining rather than joining and repenting when ur SBI colleagues grow higher than ur position. my final verdict if family time and peace of mind is ur motive than SIDBI is best

26. Guest

Guest Guest

bro... Plz tell me something about chances of getting transfer to our homestate..

27. Guest

Guest Guest

bhai that I don't know as I have nvr worked in Sbi so difficult for me to tell abt it

28. Guest

Guest Guest

haan 100% u wl get ur chance

29. Guest

Guest Guest

bugs godd post ! very helpful as always