How Long For Mea Assistant Joining After Cgl Result ?

Discussion in 'SSC' started by Sumit Jindal, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Sumit Jindal

Sumit Jindal New Member

@Rajesh Shandilya Hi, well written and informative post.
    I have a query regarding MEA, kindly look into.How long before one receives MEA joining date?ASO MEA joins office directly or there is a training like in CSS?
    Joining is in Delhi only or can be in Regional Passport Offices also?
    Can one request for Delay/ Refusal of foreign posting (a UPSC Aspirant here)?ASO CSS vs ASO MEA (UPSC point of view)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
  2. Avinash Singh

Avinash Singh Member

See earlier joining used to come late for MEA as there is provision for an additional level of security check by IB
    . But last year batch joined in october 17. (Note that result came in July)which is quite fast.

So we can hope for an early joining if the same process is repeated this year. AFA training is concerned it is there but only for a month or so. And that too in delhi only so it won't affect you that much.

It is more of an on the job training job.Regarding Regional office posting I would say you need a big approach to go to regional offices. So if you have that jugaad you can go to regional passport office.You can ofcourse refuse foreign posting but then what is the benefit of joining MEA??
    If you wish to make your preparation a FIVE YEAR PLAN choose CSS . And if you think that you want to attempt for 2-3 years and then if you are not successful then you will move on in your life. Then I will suggest you to choose MEA.

As far as cooperation in department for further study is concerned CSS beats the MEA by a wide margin. I recently heard there is even library access for CSS ASO. So choose accordingly. And let me know if I could be of any help.