My wife is govt school teacher in delhi. If i am selected in rbi as grade b officer, can i stay in

Discussion in 'Banking' started by Rahul Verma Prajapati R V, Sep 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. My wife is govt school teacher in delhi. If i am selected in rbi as grade b officer, can i stay in delhi forever??

2. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

So there is no such provision in rbi that a couple can stay together

3. You can stay together... but in initial stages there will transfers for sure

4. Abhishek Mathur

Abhishek Mathur New Member

Manager post is all india. only assistants are region specific. transfers happen every 5-7 years.

5. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

One of my friend (female) was at Kolkata RBI (dont know her poat she is working), but after marriage she shifted to Bangalore bcz her Husband is working there.Even she got unpaid holidays when her husband went abroad for his Project.

6. K Hemnath Aswin

K Hemnath Aswin New Member

Ankit...the reason i hv asked this question is same..whether i should take a plunge in that or not...

7. Deekshant Verma

Deekshant Verma New Member

If you are really looking to work in RBI at Delhi until you retire, then you should look at RBI assistant.. grade b is a transferrable job

8. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

Couldn't help it. No offence. But troll wali full situation ban rahee thee. Best of luck.

9. Deekshant Verma

Hmmm... actually i m a central excise inspector in mumbai currently...i belong to delhi..so i can b back in delhi through this job through ict...but i got to knw abt rbi so jst wanted to knw abt transfer policy..thats the reason..may b now its clear

10. Rakesh Wandhare

Rakesh Wandhare New Member

Central excise toh all over India wali job Hoti hai. Ama saari ungliyan ghee mein aur sir kadhai mein chahte ho. You will not get home posting straightaway. And a max of 5-6 years in your entire service tenure whenever that happens

11. Rakesh Wandhare

Rakesh Wandhare New Member

Its a central govt job...and i have completed 3 years in mumbai...so now i m eligible to go back to delhi...this is the transfer policy in central excise...but rbi grade b is better job thats the reason i wanted to knw abt it...if i cant remain in delhi forever in rbi then no use...in central excise i can b in delhi forever now...

12. Deekshant Verma

Chalo seems like central excise is the way to go then...thnx anyways all of you for your time and replies...thnk u so mch.

13. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed New Member

Sadly, no ! There is a way though , ask your wife to go for B.ED and then she could switch schools easily( I am in the same situation as yours )

14. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

Wat sort of the most stupidiest q i hav seen on fb till date....terrible

15. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

@ibnesayeed Getting into RBI might be your lifelong childhood ambition but to others it could be just another job where factors like better work-life balance , salary and postings matter a lot !

16. Rahul Sharma

Rahul Sharma New Member

Exactly..harsh...for me it is jst another job...nothing more than that...my priority is my family.it is simple as that. For so called nelsons..all the very best

17. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

meri bhi family ke saath rehna priority hai, kya aap bata sakte ho aise koi Gov. job hai joh intial 3 -5 years ke baad mujhe home posting forever de sake, In my case home posting is Bhopal, Mp.

18. Mission Impossible

Mission Impossible New Member

That depends...excise and income tax can b of use...e.g. in mumbai the waiting list is long...so if u dont have any jack in department then it will take 5-6 years to get back to home state...also that depends on the home state...in case of bhopal waiting list wouldn't be that long...if u are in chennai as iti or gst officer chances are very high that you will be posted to bhopal within 4 years..

19. Rahul Sain

Rahul Sain New Member

How sad it is when someone asks for a genuine advice, he is trolled by people who can't help. You can stay quiet if you don't want to help but please don't troll. It is a tough post we all know but the first step is to think about getting in. If someone has the merit to become an excise inspector, I'm sure,Rbi grade b isn't that big a deal.

20. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma New Member

Kuch toh consideration milna chahiye on spousal grounds ,especially because your wife is a govt school teacher.Don't know how the RBI HR people roll

21. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

Bhai kyun competition bdha rhe ho? Excise me dil nhi lag rha kya?

22. Infected Mushroom

Infected Mushroom New Member

Hahaha bhai...nhi. i have decided not to take the plunge..i am better off with my family in delhi excise only...

23. Abhishek Mathur

I won't suggest you to switch to RBI even if you get selected provided the fact that you have already spent 3 years as inspector and there are ample promotion aspects in nearby future.If you get a promotion in coming few years, you will be superintend...See more

24. Infected Mushroom

Infected Mushroom New Member

@Infected Mushroom this is not IRS to expect a promotion in 3-4 years. For excise inspector , qualifying period for first promotion is 8 years and that is minimum. Most of them get after 12-15 years service. And In case one takes ict , all seniority is lost, so have to start from scratch again. So it's not all rosy in excise department

25. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

@Abhishek Mathur as far as I know, promotions are quite fast in Excise. And even a senior Inspector is quite powerful. Have tried showing my Friends ID at several occasions and it has helped. While RBI GrB 's ID card has no value other than at some Bank Branches. I have relatives in both Excise and RBI , and I know the difference. There is nothing to argue here.

26. Abhishek Mathur

@Abhishek Mathur now a draft to reduce the promotion period is ready...under gst regime promotion will b faster.i.e.within 5 years...so picture will be better in future..

27. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

@Infected Mushroom ID card may fetch you respect in society but within department you will have nothing. A career of 30 years will fetch only 2 promotions. With gst coming in , automation will come in and posts will reduce drastically, so promotion chances will reduce further

28. Arpit Goel

Arpit Goel New Member

@Abhishek Mathur your facts are bit fuzzy...with reduction in no. Of commissionerates the promotions of ac/dc will be affected..ranges are increased and hence inspector will be recruited more and promotion uptil ac will be faster but there will b stagn...See more

29. Arpit Goel

Arpit Goel New Member

Dinesh are u sure that u will not be transferred from delhi for limetime? i mean even after promotion

30. Arun Agrawal

Arun Agrawal New Member

in all banks incl. RBI in order to take promotions u are liable to be transferred all india thats why i left the bank job