sidbi has selected 1128 candidates for 150 posts

Discussion in 'Banking' started by Satendra Singh, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Satendra Singh

Satendra Singh New Member

sidbi shud realise wat it has done by selecting 1128 candidates for 150 posts ..except 150 students all other hearts will be broken paap lagega unko itne logo ko dukhi krne k liye..huh

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Correct..!!!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

978 people will be out .. :/ scary

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Upar se result v itna late ????

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Correct!! I just hope i can control my tongue on results day!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i cant even concentrate on other exams...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

same here! And how can i concentrate? I refresh that SIDBI a million times a day!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

same situation.. even if i fail sidbi, atleast i can move on to other exams will full focus ..

9. Guest

Guest Guest

1:3 ratio would have been ideal for interview calls!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Seriously can't understand this logic unless interview marks carry a significant weightage.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

exactly ...everybdy is in anxiety mode...n dis is most disturbing

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Now atleast thy shud display marks ... For each round and final scores in order to maintain transparency...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

we have spoke a lot abt it nd evrytym i think abt it, the more ridiculous it sounds.. upsc this time has called 2.47 candidates per seat.. rbi usually calls around 3.. wats d deal wid d sidbi ratio of 7.5:1.. really irritating..

14. Guest

Guest Guest

lic also 3:1

15. Guest

Guest Guest

It took only 13 days for sidbi for correcting objective and most importantly descriptive part of thousands of candidates .. Don't know what's taking them this long ..

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Am also not sure for the 85:15 ratio of written and interview as I went through 2014 notification also and nowhere found the weightage for interview.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

yea man.. they shouldnt do like this again.. and on top of it all, they take d intrvws thru video conferencing.. why wud dey wan2 incr deir own workload is beyond me..

18. Guest

Guest Guest

btw, in 2014, the ratio was 7.9:1 !.. 632 candidates called for 80 seats..

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont think interview has much weightage.the guy with 162.75 is just an offering at the altar.period.in ibps po the guy with cutoff needed 97.5/100 in interview to clear!! it was 85:15 in 2014.check sidbi 2014 thread.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

That's what I want to say, if in a exam where call ratio is 3:1, a guy at cutoff needs almost full marks to clear the interview , then in SIDBI where call ratio is 8:1 , a person scoring even 8 marks above the cut off can't have any hope even if he scores full in interview.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

actually my thinking is jus the opposite.. i think the intrvws are d main deal.. think abt it.. why else would they call 8 times the number.. coz dey wan2 use the intrvws to screen out ppl dey wudnt wan2 hire.. it makes perfect sense.. they can fail d majority of ppl in d intrvw by keeping minm qualifying marks nd givng dem marks below the mqm..

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe.but i dont think interviews have a min qualifying marks.and if the 85:15 weightage does come into play then it totally negates the effecr of interview.someone with 162 has no chance of toppling a 180+ guy.anyway.this is just a viewpoint.everything will be clear next week!

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I too think they want to hire people with good profiles who might not have scored as much as those who prepared for the exam 24x7 and got the topmost marks and hence will automatically be getting enough marks to make it to the final list. Only this seems to justify the 1:8 ratio

24. Guest

Guest Guest

exactly my point ! some people were discussing a similar issue on the rbi thread.. ppl were saying that many people who easily crack bank po exams end up clearing rbi prelims as well.. but when it comes to writing mains, the end result is that they all get eliminated- coz deyre not gud enuf or wateva.. perhaps its d same thing wid sidbi.. also, sidbi myt not hav d resources to conduct a 3-tier exam- wichz also unwarranted for a grade-a post..

25. Guest

Guest Guest

But if it all goes down to profiles why not set criterea beforehand and spare the poor guys the trouble? Like only MBAs can apply stuff? Considering the number of BTechs and MBAs in the interview list they can easily get their 150 guys from that pool. -_-

26. Guest

Guest Guest

And the mumbai panel asked totally arbritrary questions on top of that! It was more of a MSc entrance interview than a bank interview!

27. Guest

Guest Guest

the simple reason is that its a govt org.. they dont want to appear biased beforehand- esp by showing preference for a particular category.. it would be met with resistance.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

I had Mumbai panel and they battered the guy before me who worked in IT. I had a good interview (At least in my head) Lets see how the marks turn out

29. Guest

Guest Guest

exactly.if they are so interested in finding the creme de la creme of those who qualified atleast they should have given equal fighting chances to everyone.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

And look at the question paper too! It was clerical level! Even a guy who isn't good at maths/reasoning/comp can ace it with 15 days of preps!