Solving The Post Preference Maze After Extensive Consultation With Seniors

Discussion in 'SSC' started by Romi Kumar, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Romi Kumar

Romi Kumar New Member

SOLVING THE POST PREFERENCE MAZE
    After extensive consultation with seniors who are working in different goverment departments I have reached to the following conclusion regarding post preferences:
    All students can be classified into 2 types : Those who wants to prepare further for future exams be it UPSC PCS OR NEXT Attempt of SSC CGL and
    secondly those who want to skip next round of study and instead focusing on getting a comfortable respectful high earning job .

Common thing in first kind is that they want to be closer to the educational infrastructure. Be it delhi chandigarh allahabad jaipur etc.

Now those who are now aiming for UPSC can go with assistant posts in the order
    CSS MEA AFHQ RAILWAY OTHER MINISTRIES particularly those who are planning preparation in delhi .

Please note that other inspector posts in delhi are generally lower in number and generally come with more field work. So for the sake of your convenience and determination towards UPSC choose wisely.

Those students who are getting NIP but now want to take the plunge for UPSC without wasting any further time in SSC they can opt for Auditor Accountant and Tax assistants . This way there are less chances that you will get delhi posting but your workload will be less and You can prepare.

Although I suggest you to go for another attempt and secure another posting near an education hub. It really is helpful. Those who got average marks required for getting IP but wants to improve their score now just need practice as there preparation is complete they now just need proper revision that can be done anywhere. So choose highest paying job.

This way you make max money and can manage to scoop out the time needed for revision easily.

Now the 2nd kind
    (No More Study Types)
    can be divided into 2 categories
    1. those who wants closer home posting and are ready to sacrifice some good and high ranking jobs for the sake of home posting.
    2. Other group just wants maximum paying job anywhere in India.
    Now those who just wants power respect money without appearing again in the exam they can go for AAO ITI MEA EXAMINER PO EXCISE INSPECTOR . Note that these candidates can leave assistants posts (except mea ) as these are mostly clerical and often not so powerful as inspector posts.
    For those who want home state posting can opt according to their location and marks. You can't generalise this category as it varies with one's location. Good posts are AAO ITI EXCISE DA CAG Office Auditor Accountant etc. Choose accordingly

Now the border line category need not panic and just prepare for DEST with best of their capabilities. And also keep a tab on the next cycle of preparation. Choose TA cbdt over TA cbec. You will take whatever you get this time just for the sake of securing a government job. So don't spend too much time for preference selection and keep your focus where you need it the most.

Those who wants to study further for UPSC generally prefer CSS over other assistant posts. Their preference should be CSS MEA AFHQ Other ministries in 4600 and 4200 gp for those who wants to stay and study in Delhi.

And DA AUDITOR for those who just wants to study further but do not want to stay in delhi.

For those to whom both the option are fine . They can arrange these preferences according to there personal opinion.

Those who wants to prepare for next cycle of SSC CGL and expect to get NIP this year should put their order as Auditors Accountant TA Cbdt TA cbec Sub inspector . Now do not spend much time in thinking that I will take nip in delhi so that I can prepare because by the time of your appointment next cycle will already be complete so just relax and prepare now and take the post with min workload so that after your hard work for a better post you can relax for some months plus getting a handsome salary to enjoy yourself and recharging yourself for the next battle in your life be it prep for UPSC or anything else.

There will be a section who just wants a job and then prepare for UPSC so my advice to the low scoring aspirants of this category to go for Auditors or TAs . Such high scoring candidates can opt for CSS Or DA depending upon their city preference.

Those who does not have plans for upsc but scored average to get an IP but are not getting what they hoped they can choose some relaxed and chilled job like DA Auditors and give the extra push needed to your preparation.

Those genius minds who have scored well (well I am one of them :) ) they need to be most cautious in this post preference exercise. Reason being they are generally excited about preparing UPSC given there overwhelming success in this exam. This sometimes cloud your judgement of your abilities and you end up choosing some post solely because of this reason and when the reality strikes you after 5-6 months of hard work in UPSC you then start complaining and plan to appear again in the CGL exam.

Therefore causing much pains to you as well as other brilliant minds in waiting who are just waiting for the veterans to hand over the baton of this battle. I just want to suggest to these toppers just to have a thorough look at your abilities , capacities ,and future plans regarding family etc and then decide your preference accordingly because your effort of few phone calls to some seniors and other relatives and family members will surely help you take an informed decision about your life in years to come.

One thing I will suggest to those who are overwhelmed with their success in this exam and aspiring for UPSC. Just ask yourself do you really want to prepare or it is just other's opinion that is making you do so.?? The reason I am asking you this is that UPSC requires constant hard work over an average cycle of min 2 years. This will require immense amount of planning , sacrifice , and Money too.

So it is not going to give you fruits unless this is your inner urge to appear in the UPSC. So take a break , talk to yourself about your next 2-3 years and then let the decision come out naturally. This way you will maximise your chances of a self decided life without any external pressure and enjoy whatever you do thoroughly. One other important suggestion is that don't mix SSC and UPSC preparation. Go with one you will get desired success easily.

Agar 2 Navoon me pair rakhoge toh nadi me girna sure h.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    Administrator likes this.
  2. There have been so many posts here. This particular one appears well researched and at the same time answers so many questions. Really appreciate it. Thank you

3. Rohit Sharma

Rohit Sharma Member

BTW if someone is selected in any IP/NIP post when is he expected to join? I am asking the avg time. I know they differ from ministry to ministry. Let's say an avg time for TA or Auditors

4. If result were announced in July 2017 then last candidate will get posting by June 2018 and first candidate in Oct 2017

5. Thank you. Glad if it helps somebody get what he aspire for

6. 1. DA posts are nil this time 2. The UPSC thing u mentioned is absolutely true..people look for upsc preparation just because of their success in ssc

7. BTW if someone is selected in any IP/NIP post when is he expected to join? I am asking the avg time. I know they differ from ministry to ministry. Let's say an avg time for TA or Auditors

8. Ruksana Khatoon

Ruksana Khatoon New Member

I've just heard of css..they call for training within 2-3 months

9. Vandana Saini

Vandana Saini Member

Bhai research . Don't depend on anybody (even my prediction) . The thing is priority varies with everybody. I have tried to generalise the things. So that you can get a fair idea about things. Now build your likings on this platform for best preference .

10. Ruksana Khatoon

Ruksana Khatoon New Member

U didn't mention anything about aeo?Is it not even worth mentioning :p

11. It is brother . But if you see the post I have focused more on what are the grounds that should motivate you to choose any post.

12. AEO is good post with good power salary . Particularly those who wants stable life shouldn't opt it as transfer in this dept are frequent during your tenure

13. Jayesh Mourya

Jayesh Mourya New Member

14. Jayesh Mourya

Jayesh Mourya New Member

Assistant post in air force headquarters . Delhi based desk job.

15. Con is that your social life suffers. You will be away from your parents children wife as it is not practical to relocate with your family after every 3 years. You will get frustrated. Otherwise it is one of the best on the offer.

16. Jitesh Falwaria

Jitesh Falwaria New Member

Jugal Godara Jkg: Although you can always manage by placing your family at a specific location let's say germany in Europe and then try to get postings in nearby countries. This way you can ensure frequent visits there. But still what will you do when you return to India. So there will be issues here and there . No job is perfect. Each has some pros and some cons . It is you who has to decide what are your likes and dislikes and decide accordingly.

17. Bhai registration form le jana compulsory hai kya ???

18. John Sps

John Sps New Member

Thanks bro bhot jagah puchha....waise bhi kuch milna hai nahi kam se kam documents ki wajah se na mile

19. Martok

Martok New Member

Really thnx...Mein aishe hi sensible advice search kr rhi thi......

20. Nicely written Last para is something to ponder.. After smiley (y)

21. Himanshu Kumar

Himanshu Kumar New Member

Ladke ko 100 rupye inaam ......Bharat Sarkar ke taraf se...

22. Obc 413.25 ...typinh nhi aati...kuchh mil sakta hai kya...plz reply

23. adonismale

adonismale New Member

Let me tell you one thing. Hope my friend is a very good thing. Just don't lose it. If you have hope you can do wonders.
    Let me tell you my experience last year my Score in CGL was 414 and everybody was saying nothing will happen. You are wasting you energy in Dest.
    But I persevere and kept my focus on DEST preparing for typing whenever I got time. At the same time I kept my studies going. And the final result is that I am TA in cbec from 15 batch and scored very good this year.
    All this because I never lost one thing called :HOPE.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
  24. Karan Arya

Karan Arya New Member

Obc 451.5...kya mil skta hain...descriptive around 60 aa jayenge....typing dekh dekh kr krta hu...31-32 Ki speed aa jati h but confidence nhi h Ki exam me kr lunga...so CSS ke chances bhi kam hain....don't want to study further...

25. Shivani Suran

Shivani Suran New Member

You need 27wpm in typing.
    Lower your speed and improve accuracy. Confidence will improve.
    Milne ka bhai NIP toh saari range me hain according to me . And CSS bhi mil sakta h itne me. Baki iss baar as per my view (purely personal) pichle se sirf max 10 marks upar jayyegi.

Iss barr IP me AAO and MEA ki CPT will pull down the cutoff which was expected to increase a bit higher.
    The real change will be seen in NIP cutoff where this tym descriptive will do wonders. Many borderline will score good marks and get selected.
    And those who are considering themselves safe may perish.

26. Rakesh Gupta

Rakesh Gupta Member

See the problem is you didn't read the post sincerely. I have mentioned your query there . Suggest you to re read it.

27. Ashok Kumar

Ashok Kumar New Member

Well written and analysed.. specially nice lines for toppers who overwhelmed with their success and take wrong decision then again appear in cgl to correct that decision

28. Gupta Dev

Gupta Dev Member

@Rajesh Shandilya Can we surely get Delhi Posting with Asst in CPO now added in Post of Asst in Other Ministry 4200 GP mentioned in CGL 16??