IBPS SO IBPS IT officer Recruitment 2016 Interview Experience

Discussion in 'Banking' started by koxam, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

it is similar to the physical layer and data link layer of OSI model where in data link layer errors control happen and in physical layer data transmitted, in TCP/IP model it is done by the link layer or network interface layer.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

What is digital signature?
    What is hashing?
    Diff between TLS and SSL?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

collection of the data from one or more sources for the analysis, management and decision making is basically data warehousing...data warehousing can be helpful in query reporting, pattern retrieval and many graph making.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

and the process of retrieving information which is understandable for the decision making or analysis of the given data in an easy manner is called data mining.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

My Interview experience ..

Patna 2nd slot Panel -1

What is the meaning of your name
    What your father do ?
    Why not private job ? As I am a fresher 2015 passout (integrated post graduate ) ?(they called me qualified person ).
    Money matters or stability matters for u?
    RBI Monetary policy?
    Bank rate , base rate
    What is parity what it's use ?
    Who is aadhar regulatory ?
    What is monitor ,LCD and LED?
    What is redundancy,mirroring,shadowing ?
    What is near site and far site?
    Debit card features?
    WHY ATM PIN is 4 digit code?
    What is ATM ?

Overall it was a decent interview for me...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

.....near site is a disaster recovery site for banks loacated at a nearby location may be in the same city....while far site is a disaster recovery site far away from the actual site ..

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Monitor is a visual output device, which helps user to working with computer. LCD & LED is two types of monitor. Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) is made from light emitting liquid crystal, whereas Light emitting Diode(LED) is made of light emitting diodes.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Today i met 5-7 people during interview , all had attempted around 170. i felt like coming back from the gate itself

9. Guest

Guest Guest

btw they asked me about open source tech, mysql(my project) ,why casa means higher profit for bank , mgnrega , the aunty seemed not interested in interview and got a call and left the room , two other interviwers left midway . i felt i was not interesting enough :p

10. Guest

Guest Guest

can u explain " why casa means higher profit for bank?" casa means current account saving account i hope?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

because only 4% interest on savings account and there is no interest on current account. more Savings and current account in a bank means lower interest paid by the bank so it is beneficial for the banks

12. Guest

Guest Guest

the technology which enables data transmission over 2G network is known as General Packet Radio Service (GPRS).Or, technology of 2G

13. Guest

Guest Guest

they asked largest bank of Landon and america....imf head office...npci..domain poison....:( my interview was full of difficult questions..mostly based on security...in banking fixed deposit ...sab bhagwan bharose ab

14. Guest

Guest Guest

they were asking practical question based on network security ...kuch to bounce he kar gya first time sun rahi thi..

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Koi ni wo pressure build up karte hain candidate pe.. Unhe bhi pata hai ki saare answers ni aate honge..! Btw banking jyada poochi ya technical?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone from Lucknow who had an interview today and centre at hotel Grand JBR ..
    Please share your experience.. It'll be of immense help .

17. Guest

Guest Guest

How has budget 2016 affected banks? And NPA ke liye bank kya kar sakta hai? Debt restructuring? Please explain in easy terms. And they'rent going to ask coding na in reference to the final semester project? Maximum they'll ask the functionality, tools and requirements or anything else?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

In Budget 2016 SARFARESI ACT ha been amended ,now an sponser in Asset reconstruction companies(ARC) can hold 100% stake in the ARC......SARFARESI ACT also now applicable to NBFC's.....Govt infused 25000 crore towards recapitalisation of banks......NPA ke liye banks should check the financial status of the customer be4r giving loans.....for already accumulated NPA govt is helping....recently RBI has also infused 40000 to reduce stress on banks.....bank are also trying to reduce NPA by selling these NPA's thrugh ARC's.........
    Debt restructuring is a method used by companies with outstanding debtobligations to alter the terms of the debt agreements in order to achieve some advantage.(Simple words me ki jab koi customer loan time pe payback ni kar pa rha hai....to uski loan ki kist kam kardi jaye aur loan repay krne ka period badha dia jaye....jisse ki wo pura paisa wapas ke sake)..........No coding rare chance hai puche ka.....mostly fuctionality puch sakte hai bas....rest basic ques on neworking ,security database etc....

19. Guest

Guest Guest

1.monetory policy of rbi , role of it officer in bank,bank rate ,osi layers,ddl and dml,firewall,antivirus

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Guys.. I have my interview on 16.
    I dont want to miss any document as i'll leave tomorrow.
    Cat-General
    Post-IT off
    Degree-CSE
    PLZ remind me all docu required

21. Guest

Guest Guest

online application,10th marks list,inter,graduation marks list,pc,cmm,interview call letter,pan zerox,

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Guys please post interview questions as well, whatever you remember. It will help other candidates. If you just post that you are done with interview, people will definitely comment for the questions. TIA!

23. Guest

Guest Guest

My interview experience :Venue :bank of india staff training centre noidaReached the venue at 1pm but the entry began at 2pm.All the candidates are first called for biometrics. We have to put the left thumb on their devices. After biometrics comes the document verification part. The documents of the candidates are being verified very seriously. For each candidate they are taking 20-25 minutes in document verification. If you have different name in your certificates and your id then it will be a problem.After the document verification we were sent to another building for interview part. My interview began at 05:40 PM. Here's the conversation.May I come in.Come in.Good evening to all.........sir and mam. There were 6 members in the panel(5 males+1 female)good evening please sitthanks sir.Whats your name?toldSo you are a 2015 passout. Are you only preparing for exams after your btech.No sir I have got campus placement. Working as a assistant engineer in ***.Ok so why do you want to switch?toldSpecifically Asked my salarytoldHow many members are there in your family.toldwhat your father does?toldWho regulates , governs all the banks.toldwhat are the functions of rbi?toldyou have missed one function i.e monetary policy.I said yes sir that was a featureOk then tell me what is monetary policy?toldWhat is repo rate?toldwhat is reverse repo rate?toldWhat is the current repo rate?toldWhat is the time after which RBI revises monetary policy?Sorry Sir.What is prime lending rate...he asked something like this i dont exactly remember?Then he passes my details to another member in the panel.What is real time and batch processing system?toldWhat is your job profile and what's the experience?toldSo you have a developer profiler?yes sirHow development is being done, tool?toldWhat is waterfall model?toldWhat is done if some new requirements come in the development phase?toldWhat is RFID?toldWhats its apllications?blankWhat is NFC?toldWhats its applications?again blankDo you have a metro card?I said yes....and within a second it clicked my mind that it works on NFC principal. I told i swipe my card in office that is also NFCHe said yes thats what i was asking.What is bar code, qr code and their difference?told little littleThen he passes my details to another member.So where do you live?GurgaonHave you heard of Jaat AndolanYes sirWhats your take on this, is that right?Told in detail, he was satisfied.How you have filled the choices? Why you have that bank at number 1?toldThen the person sitting in middle who asked me banking questions told me that you can go, shook hand with me and wished me All the best. I said thanks and then walked out. Hoping for the best!!!!!Hope it will help. All d best to all.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

I told there's some jat who need reservatn but also there are some who didnt. But the way they had protested isn't good...they burnt buses , stations .....whose property is that ....its our property...its our money...the money which we pay as tax....and for preference i told i dont hv preference....all banks provide almost same growth same opportunities same promotion policies so i dont hv any preference...i WL work with my full dedication regardlesz of the bank provided to me

25. Guest

Guest Guest

16th march, 8:30, Bhopal
    Anyone?

26. Guest

Guest Guest

What is the proper way to dress while going for the interview? I forgot to bring black formal shoes. : disappointed: Do they point out or notice much?

27. Guest

Guest Guest

Hii...Sharing My interview experience.Time : 1.00 Pm BOI NoidaEntry started at 2 pm :(....Biometric took Around 2 hrs to finish and after that 1 and half hr for Document Verification)....Finally came interview turn.....Interview started at 5.50 and last for 10 mins Interviewer : Yes mam kahan se aaye ho..?college kahan se kiya...schooling kahan se....Abhi kya krte ho....I am working with an MNC...so Asked Why do u want to leave it and join banking......2nd Interviewer : What is USSD?What is distributed OS.?client server Architecture......Then ques on my project work in IT Company....On that basis---what is diff bewteen Unix and Windows....What antivirus does unix use(Ans : No antivirus required)3rd Interviewer : What is IMPS,NEFT,Free ATM Transactions (same bank and different bank)4th Interviewer : What does you father do...About your family.5th Interviewr : Banking me postings hoti h ...so how will you manage?That's It.....It was an awesum experience ....hoping for the best All the best to all of you.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

It is an interactive service used in GPRS mobiles to communicate with servicer providers server... U know like balance check, validity check, astrology etc.

29. Guest

Guest Guest

#The Post-Mortem Report
    Q1: Introduce urself Me- introduced Q2: Qstn on father's occupation Me- explained Q3: So u did not go for "@#$%" campus offer...took drop...qualified Gate from
    electronics and now applied for IT officer job..what's the purpose? Me- Sir..govt job Q4: Then y this switch from ece to it? Me- "Gudgaan" of IT ***He looks at me with suspicious eyes*** Q5: Difference b/w Router and Hub? Me- Explained ***He interrupting*** "But u seem to b lost...no definite goal of career..." No Sir...I am pretty sure abt my job priorities...I am luking frwrd for a job with field
    of my interest in govt sector... Q6: Explain programming part of final year project---metro prototype Me- net se padha tha to explained ***He interrupting....agn*** "But if u get a chance to work in core electronics wud'nt u leav bank job?" Me- No Sir....I will not...rather I would like to word hard to enhance my skills
    and attain growth to move up the hierarchy. Q7: What do u know abt "finnacle"? Me- Thanx to a frnd in bank who calls every weekend and inspite of all my
    efforts makes me listen to his problms in finnacle and his heated argumnts with
    branch manager. ***He.........................................agn*** "How do I know that u will b loyal to this organization and won't b swayed away
    with ur fluctuating intersts" Me-Sir......... "There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to
    fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in
    miseries."
    *********SILENCE************** ***** I jst kept on staring at the table...cud'nt gather courage to look him in
    the eye ****** He-Ok Q8: What do u understand by NPA? Me- Explained-Source Investopedia
    THANK YOU. YOU MAY LEAVE.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

Kuch khadoos interviewer hote hain. BOB me mere se aise baat kar raha jaise usi beti bhaaga le gaya hu main