IBPS SO IBPS IT officer Recruitment 2016 Interview Experience

Discussion in 'Banking' started by koxam, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reply • Like • Like • 15 Mar •#11ReportAnkur Kumar530 ye kya bala h? Mujhe to sirf haath me aaye notes se matlab h, mujhe to ye bhi na pata chalta kitna tax kata or kyu..

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Log ek link share kar rahe hain. Usme more than double increment hain.http://www.allbankingsolutions.com/Wage-Revision/XIth-Bipartite-Settlement/CharterOfDemands_Part2.ht...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ye interviewer kis k chhod k bhaag gaye the...ye to nhi bol gaye kahi k apna interview khud hi le lo or hum toss karke aapke marks decide kar lenge..

4. Guest

Guest Guest

bilkul hi mann nhi kar raha padhne ka...apka experience dekhne k baad to lag raha h k jo hoga dekha jayega...

5. Guest

Guest Guest

wo mujhe "uksa" rhe the

6. Guest

Guest Guest

bawaal macha rakhe ho accha hua hai yaar...i hope kuch negative me na liye ho wo warna u did good.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone whose interview finished at Andhra bank,Hyd today or yesterday? Please share your experience.. TIA

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Role of IT Officer: 1. An IT Officer provides end-to-end support for Bank's core banking system.
    2. She/he is responsible for management of various sub-systems like ATM, Kiosks, Mobile Banking and internet Banking, Networking etc. 3. She/he develops new software or modifying the Bank's existing software.
    4. With cyber-crime witnessing a rise, IT officers are responsible for looking after the Bank Network Security and Anti-Virus update. In cases of fraud or any incidence of a breach in the Bank's internal security, IT officers are called for important inquiries. Overall IT Officer looks after the technological perspectives of Banking Operations. Normally Banks have 5 sections in the IT Department:- 1) Data Center : This section is the heart of the bank where all the data and core banking application lies. The work of the IT Officer is maintenance and support. Shift duty systems are followed for this section in order to ensure that it is manned 24 hours a day. 2. ATM Section: This section looks after all ATM related activity. Shift duty systems are followed in this section too. 3. Project Office: In this section, all IT support for branch banking is handled. Shift duty systems are followed in this section too. 4. Security Section: In this section, IT officers are responsible for looking after the Bank Network Security and Anti-Virus updation. In cases of fraud or any incidence of a breach in the Bank's internal security, IT officers are called for important enquiries. 5. MIS and Application section: In this section, in-house software development and MIS related activity happens. IT Officers in this section are engaged in developing new software or modifying the Bank's existing software.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

interview experiencemar 15 syndicate bank bangalore 8:30 am1.tell about urself ur family ur college ur hobbies .......this question took nearly 5 minutes..as questions were asked many from thisone2.wat u know about banks tell how atms are useful3.ceo of google4.indian cricket test captain5.firewall6.draft and cheque7.wat is internet and how do u connect an internet8.wat is an router9.as i said my hobby as playing cricket sooo maximum questions asked from that....like who is captain of india ..highest wickets taken in test match...thats it....impression is very important...hope its one of best interview..all the best !!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

How did theycome toknow about ur hobby..did they ask or any form was to befilled or any cv is required?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

they asked tell about yourself...so i told everything ...when i said my hobbies as playing cricket...then they asked some questions about that...indian captain t20 match highest wicket taker in indian cricket...etc

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Becoz in ibps rrbs,,, dey declared marks of written exam after intrvws,, and released final score on 1st jan 2016!!!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

done with your interview??
    How was it?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

it was fine,was asked about my preference,payment systems working,balance sheet,corporate loans,CBS and role of IT

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Just prepare banking questions,some candidates were asked questions from testing,networking,AI etc,I was asked IT questions because i asked for it

16. Guest

Guest Guest

how was it ?
    Please share your experience,
    I Will be grateful

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Nothing much about it .....asked oops concept ...router troubleshooting... PlvPlc models and family background enough

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Denial of Service, a hacker over floods a website with huge number of request and web server can not able to handle that amount of request and got crashed.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

It could also be Disk Operating System which one of the earliest operating system which used command line.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Kaha gaye sabLucknow wale..experience post karo yaar...Koibanda Ind-NZ matchchhod k requestkar raha hai...so is betrayal ka vasta

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Have they notstarted withinterviews inLucknow... any ideaanyone? Reply • Like • Like • 15 Mar •#2ReportDivya Srivastava2Interviews have started from 14th

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Interview ExperienceVenue- Chennai IOB regional OfficeDate- 15th March, Session- Afternoon, Panel 1As I was new to the city took an auto to the reach the venue. But, unfortunately the auto man dropped us in the Mount road branch opposite to the LIC building. While enquiring about the interview to the security guard, then he said that this is not the regional office, u need to walk forfew more distancefrom here in order to reach the venue... so I started to walk from there and reached the spot exactly by 12.55.. By the time I reach there they have already started the biometrics process and document verification ( I was really tensed bcoz of that automan).I also went to register my presence and done with the biometrics. Then came to my seat and was arranging the certificates according to the list they gave. before I could complete this arrangement one person called out my name to ensure whether I was present for the interview or not. I stood up saying ,"Sir". As soon as he saw me, He started to scold for not reporting to him and also I'm the first person in the list to be interviewed but I'm not even done with document verification formalities. Then he took me for document verification but there also I messed up everything bcoz of that tension and hurry... Now, completed document verification, I was asked to sit in a sofa before the interview panel and was instructed to get in when I hear the bell sound.All Silence..... Few Minutes later (Bell Rang) Rushed to the door.Me: Excuse me sir, May I come in?Panel: NO...........Me: I was like OMG!!! whats happening here? how should I react to this situation ( As I didn't expect a NO from them )Panel: Sorry Miss, We actually called someone (who is working there, may be an attendant)not you. Can u pls wait for few more mins?Me: Yes sir. ( With a smiling face)(There were4 males and 1 female panel member)Then again came to my seat. Everybody was laughing at my situation as it was an unexpected one. Again few mins later.. the same bell sound (This time I was prettysure thatitsmy turn now).Me: Excuse me sir, May I come in?Panel: Yes, come inMe: Wished everyone and Introduced Myself ( Just my name, as I was instructed to say, just to confirm my identity).Panel: Ok Mekala, Please take your seat.Me: Thank you sir.M1 ( Sitting in the Middle) : Had your Lunch?Me: Yes sirM1: where?Me: (a small recap) Sorry sir, I don't remember the hotel name as I am new to this city.M1: New? So where do u come from?Me: Coimbatore sir.M1: oh, okay. Where did u completed your studies?Me: Said.M1: He spotted some hospital name near my college. But actually no hospital in such name.Me: Said some hospital name, but it was not the one what they said. so stopped that topic.M1:we have been to your college many times for some training program, A big one, managed by a politician.Me: (smiled) Yes sir.M1: What is IMPS?Me: explainedM2 ( immediate left to M1) : (in Tamil) Why did u chose BoB as ur first preference? Any specific reason?Me: (Actually No reason at all, some random priority) But said, They have many abroad many compared to all other banks.M2: Oh, So you wish to go abroad and work? Then you could have chosen some IT company right?Me: Its not tat sir, I wanna work in a bank abroad, I wanna see how a bank functions in abroad. and also IT companies are private but this is a govt sector. So I prefer to work here sir.M2: Oh...M3 (immediate right to M1):I think Punjab National Bank has the highest number of abroad branches.Me: Oh, Sorry sir, I remember seeing BoB tops the list. That's y I said so.M2: Okie tell me how many branches do BoB have abroad?Me: Sry sir, I don't know in numbersM2: But its only very few.Me: oh ok sir. Thank You. Also, Until last quarter The NPA of this back was less compared to all other bank. That's also one of the reason sir.M3: Oh but last quarter, they showed the highest loss an indian bank has ever faced.Me: yes sir, But It all because of provisioning sir.M3: So, do u think that they will show profit in the next quarter?Me: Yes sir, definitely.M3: Okie, How much amount was the loss?Me: some 3362 crores around sir.M3: Okie good.Me: Thank u sir.M1: Tell me about your project?Me: Explained.M1: Tell me with an real time exampleMe: ExplainedM2: What database technologies u learned from Computer Science engg?Me: MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server, and I did a course in Oracle sir.M2: So u mean that u don't have oracle in ur academic syllabus?Me: yes sirM1: Then, wats the point of studying only just theory part without proper practical guidance?Me: (ayyayo, itha yen sir enta kekarenga? Anna university la sollunga sir) with a smiling face, I was blinking wat to answer for this question.M2: What is RAID?Me: Redundant array of Inexpensive Disks. It is used to reduce redundant data andimprove efficiency and performance.M2: Its also used to avoid data corruptionMe: Oh. Thank u sir.M1: Ok Mekala. Thank you so much for coming. Lets meet somewhere around Dubai or Hongkong ( as I said I wanna work abroad in BoB)Me: (was Smiling) sure sir.M1: Because, even we tried to get license in Dubai but they didn't grant us permission. Bob is the only indian bank which have branches in Dubai.Me: oh is it sir. Thanks for the information sir.M1: ok. All the best.Me: Thank you sir. Nice meeting you all.( came out of the room).The complete process took one hour. Went inside by 12.55 and acme out by 2 o clock.Note:1) Reach the venue atleast 30 mins before the reporting time. So that u can avoid last min rush.2) Have your food.3) Keep Smiling.All the best. That's all about my complete experience. Hope this would help someone.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

okay bro...time par pahunch jaana...or sunn wo biometric k liye naam se bulaayenge but doc verification pehle hi chale jaana warna wait karna padhta hai...pehla number hone k baad bhi mera last mein hua...kyunki doc verification k time wo log naam se ni bulaa rhe the...bs chale jaao unke paas wo kar dete hain...jiska jitna jaldi verification uska utni jaldi interview.....

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Can someone provide the answer
    Database vs data warehouse vs data mart??

25. Guest

Guest Guest

Data mart is data warehouse with a focused objective and developed with a specific issue in mind whereas data warehouse is an integrated, time variant collection of data in support of a decision. Data mart is on department level and warehouse om enterprise level. Data mart is a subset of warehouse whereas warehouse is consolidation of data fro variety of sources in order to make decision. Data mart contains data from a department and the other department's data mart may ne different but data warehouse is a consolidation of the company's data.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

kuch smj ni aaya... first line ke baad :\

27. Guest

Guest Guest

Arey warehouse kya hua jahan company ka poora data consolidated form mein store hota hai bole toh It contains data from all the departments of the company where it is constantly updated to delete redundant data. This tool can answer all complex queries pertaining data whereas data mart mein Instead of putting the data from all the departments of a company into a warehouse, data mart contains database of separate departments and can come up with information using multiple databases when asked.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

Data mart is limited to a department and data warehouse applies to entire organization , data mart is easy to manage Nd warehouse complex

29. Guest

Guest Guest

Very easy interview. Ek dum simple pooch rahe core banking system, atm working and ssl.. slr rates and kuch logon se ye bhi poocha ki computer ka use batao. Mazak karwa rahe the aisa lagta hai.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

Bhopal, 16/3, Panel-1
    6 people.. 5 males, 1 female

Data encapsulation, routing and switching diff, data warehouse, data mining, member of parliament from my area, nobel peace prize winner 2015, risk management as an IT officer, why ecgc, why dint go for Pvt job, asked about family, etc..
    Overall, it was a good experience..
    Thanks guys. The thread was very helpful. Wish you all the best.