There has been so much uproar over dowry. Some people(well most of the people) justifies it and some

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Sukhvinder Malik, Oct 5, 2017.

1. There has been so much uproar over dowry. Some people(well most of the people) justifies it and some don't. In a progressive society we need to ask ourselves are we so much "nalle" that we need dowry? Some are saying that we are marrying a jobless woman so it is justifying. Dude can't you find a girl who is not jobless? The problem is many of us won't let our wives to do a job be it government or private. And some are saying that they are ready to give dowry to an IAS girl so that she would agree to marry them. The question is do you really think an IAS girl would marry a person with such sick mentality? And I see no problem if a girl find a man with more salary than her. Coz during the period of pregnancy and even after that period more money supplyis needed in the family and if one person cannot do his/her job then responsibility lies on his/her better half. Some are saying that society judges men if they don't take dowry. Are you going to spend your sleepless nights with society or the person you are marrying who will judge you while walking beside you that what kind of person this man is? You have to ask these questions to yourselves. And yes you still can justify dowry with many more stupid logics. Ps-Or maa behan ki gaali dene walo se request hai please abuse filter ka use kare

2. It's bad to ask for dowry, but what about girls who marry men for money. There are girls in the society who says they want to marry rich boy and no one raise voice against it, but when a guy says the same ,he is criticised by everyone.Equality should be there....

3. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

Dude you are right but it is the state of mind not a custom like dowry. And to some extent our parents are also responsible for this. We have made women to accept the fact that they are just a sex toy for men. And they use it that way

4. Kavita Kandera

Kavita Kandera New Member

Dear anurag... parents b to settled boy dekhte h.... They themselves offer dowry so that their daughter got married to same boy

5. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

@Kavita Kandera That's exactly what I am saying. Parents are responsible.

6. Kavita Kandera

My ex married a govt boy... ditching me... cis I had pvt job and her parents got a gov job boy... now u tell me...

7. Kavita Kandera

Only some extent not 100%... no parents says have boy frds and ditch them.... 95% depends on grl

8. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

@Kavita Kandera meri santvana hai bhai apke sath. May you get a job level above that guy.

9. Naeem Iqbal

Naeem Iqbal New Member

Dowry is also a state of mind In that sense @Pooja Sen it is not a practice any more

10. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

@Naeem Iqbal Bhai mai aadha agree krta hu. It is a state of mind which is justified via this practice.

11. Kavita Kandera

Anurag.... I m not asking for sympathy..... I just wanna say always boys r not guilty.... yes.. they have been for long... but now a days everyone is changing..... one can't blame for boy/prnts for dowry...... as I said if u won't offer they won't ask.... if they ask reject them, simple dearBut we have a set mentality that boys side ask for dowry.... why to marry ur daughter if u can't afford a marriage dowry.... let them go wherever they r getting more dowry.... in fact in our society ppl invest in daughter's marriage rather than her education

12. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

@Kavita Kandera Completely agreed with you. from the day one of daughters' birth parents start thinking about dowry and a big fat wedding. Only a change in mentality can do something here.

13. Kavita Kandera

Imparting education is the only way to curb these... non sense mine set....

14. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

@Kavita Kandera bhai yahan toh padhe likhe log bhi dowry ko support kar rahe hai.

15. Kavita Kandera

U can't change ppl perception.... lot of factors r there... I have seen wives r forcing their husbands to leave their in laws to village or their home..... everyone has some problem..... I may justify dowry if I want... so that others..... depends on person... I believe in lv marriage.... least chance of dowry

16. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

Piyush This is my take against dowry. and I am not the supporter of feminism coz I don't understand the meaning of feminism. I just want equality in our society. I rest my case here.

17. Preksha Gupta

Preksha Gupta New Member

Right bro..no dowry at all..it is a system which is destroying poor families in India.

18. Kavita Kandera

Nobody (legally) will drink wine if there is no production..... same thing dear ewhy to offer dowry... if smone is asking reject him

19. Utkarsh Bansal

Utkarsh Bansal New Member

Dowry is a blotch on our society and we should join our arms to clean it

20. Kavita Kandera

Nothing to do dear... just impart equal education to our daughter and sister as we do for boys.... invest in daughter's education rather than hoarding dowry for her marriage

21. Utkarsh Bansal

Bhai aaj ke din sab achi shiksha dete h ladkiyon ko bhi

22. Utkarsh Bansal

Bhai i live in haryana (urban area) and my uncle's daughter i.e. my sister lives in village but she studies in DPS panipatThe trend is changing slowly but surely

23. Kavita Kandera

Agree with u... private and Covent school has good gender ratio... plss visit to ur village govt school..... u will find real india

24. Utkarsh Bansal

Bhai ab kya kahun m we all knw the truth but strong administration can turn around thgs completely like in Kendriya Vidyalyas

25. Rohit Tiwari

Rohit Tiwari New Member

I sure agree with your point made that dowry is a social evil and blaming parents and men but please also justify when women seek a husband who has 6 figure income, bungalow, car etc. And since you seek equality please also speak about alimony that women ask after divorce despite being perfectly capable of earning on their own. The point here is today women demand equality only when it is for their benefit.

26. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

and I am writing that in caps "IT IS TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIABLE"

27. Naeem Iqbal

Naeem Iqbal New Member

we joined group to get some information about ssc tier4

28. Vikash Gaurav Mujhe khud bhi nahi pata tha k mujhe ye sab yahan likhna padega. I avoided it as much as I could. But bhot se log justify karne pe aa gye the dowry ko

29. Pooja Sen

Pooja Sen New Member

Ae bhai tujhe dowry justify krne nhi Bulaya tha

30. Kavita Kandera

Dekho sun lo sab.....u can't justify dowry with any reasons. Sabse pehle if girl ke parents girl ko kuch de rahe as a gift apni marzi se then wo dowry ni. If someone is demanding something in anyway then that's dowry. And Jo bhi ye bol ke dowry justify kar rahe ke girls marry boys for money toh hum bhi dowry lenge wo chutiye hai. Dowry is a social evil and it can't be justified in any way.