Will it be sensible to join RBI Assistant resigning from SBI PO?

Discussion in 'Banking' started by Sahil Miglani, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. That's true. Depends what you are chasing. Ambitiously aiming to be a workaholic or a more sane life maintaining a balance btw professional and personal life. :)

2. @Ramakrishnan Srinivasan Curiosity got the better of me and I consulted an ex Rbi Grade B officer, he has to say the following on the "3 years to Grade A" point: Hhe said, "Three year is minimum eligibility. It's like all SBI PO are eligible to become Chairman of the SBI groupBut on an average it will take 5 yearsMoreover if you join as a PO you are seen differently in BankLikewise in RBI it's Grade B Officers who ruleIn bureaucracy it's IASFrom SSC also one can get promotion but they have no such great careerLikewise in RBI it's Grade B DRs who grow fast. In banks PO grow fast and become CMDs

3. @Shubham Mishra last year from jaipur office only almost 4-5 assistants got promoted to Grade A. They have been working as assistantd from last 4-5 years

4. Thing is that you are eligible for promotional exams after 3 years... whether you get promoted or not its upto how you perform in that promotional exam... few clear it in their first attempts... while others take their time to clear it... but if you wanna grow and you are ready to put some hard work into it... you will definitely grow

5. Its the same as how any PO is eligible to get promoted to scale 2 officer after 3 years... but not every PO get promoted... only after clearing the exam you can get promoted

6. And well you see, its easier to get promited to Assistants-;Grade A than Grade A-;Grade B.As their is no direct recruitment for Grade A in RBI

7. Shubham Mishra

Shubham Mishra New Member

And finally... you will get more free time to prepare for Grade B while working as an assistant in RBI rather than an SBI scale 1 officer

8. So everything was correct , you closed with a bitter truth :p

9. I personally believe if you are capable, you'll grow in any field... it just I want to work with RBI... not that I m lazy or something... but because I want to make a difference...And m happy that I ve been selected as an assistant this year

10. Of course . It's less hectic. Nobody deduced the word lazy out of it anyway. Lazy lot can't score 98/100 to clear assistant cutoff

11. So Jao can't talk technicality when having meals

12. Abhi tk official male toh nhi aaya hai... though sir ne bola tha aane ko...Which office r u from?Mine is jaipur

13. Mukesh Siyag

Mukesh Siyag New Member

I left sbi po for rbi. I think it was the best decision i made.

14. Mukesh Siyag

Mukesh Siyag New Member

Both Ur Personal life and job life will be happy...god bless you devansh

15. Hardesh Singh

Hardesh Singh New Member

and you left rbi lucknow for rbi dehradun also...hai na devansh???

16. Shubham Mishra

Do join RBI if you dont wanna be ARUNDHATI BHATTACHARYA ! What I mean is that if you are hell sure of making your career bright then stay there..or leave. I personally have little bias towards SBI..it literally sucks you out. I had few weeks of unpleasant stay there and then I joined IDBI, but it sucked too :) So at last I decided to appear for SSC and now comfortably managing my group B job ; my part time venture also.

17. Anil Khatana

Anil Khatana New Member

@Jay Verma Curiosity got the better of me and I consulted an ex Rbi Grade B officer, he has to say the following on the "3 years to Grade A" point: He said, "Three year is minimum eligibility. It's like all SBI PO are eligible to become Chairman of the SBI groupBut on an average it will take 5 yearsMoreover if you join as a PO you are seen differently in BankLikewise in RBI it's Grade B Officers who rule In bureaucracy it's IASFrom SSC also one can get promotion but they have no such great careerLikewise in RBI it's Grade B DRs who grow fast. In banks PO grow fast and become CMDs

18. Shubham Mishra

Your sentence says all SBIans will become chairman of SBI in 5 years

19. Pankaj Bhatt

Pankaj Bhatt New Member

@Harikumar Lokghanathan Really? The word Eligible gave the confirmation of "will" become chariman. Now with this statement of yours hum sab log ko kuch na kuch ban jna chahie tha for whatever we were eligible for.

20. Tracy Pe

Tracy Pe New Member

Yeh bhi koi question hain. Per se SBI working is no more what expected in a government job. It is more hectic than private banks ; will absolutely suck the life out of you and if you are not good in marketing and interpersonal communication, working is living hell. Where as RBI being regulator, job profile will be more back ended and posting will definitely be in urban. Of course salary and perquisites wise Sbi is way better as there are lots of out of salary components, like insurance incentive etc. All depends upon your how u like to live your future life

21. VaTan JaisWal

VaTan JaisWal New Member

does SBI give it's officers incentives for selling TPD like insurance ,MF etc?

22. Tracy Pe

Tracy Pe New Member

If u have necessary license to market TPD identified by bank say then officials whether clerk or officer, who market such products are paid incentive as per incentive structure

23. VaTan JaisWal

VaTan JaisWal New Member

In my bank we used to get gifts like AC/Iphones etc previously ..now they have changed to an annual holiday as reward for selling LI,but there's no cash incentive ..that's why i wanted to know

24. Sanjay Kumar Sahoo

Sanjay Kumar Sahoo New Member

Well same structure is here too but most incentive are paid as points that are redeem able online and are taxable

25. Anil Khatana

Anil Khatana New Member

Go for RBI assistant t if you don't have any current major financial responsibility...later on in career you will also get there in RBI to become a GRADE-B officer..I am SBI PO -2015. I have become most unsocial . Go for it

26. Tracy Pe

Tracy Pe New Member

sure Rbi assistant.. Today is sunday and I' m in my branch doing CCDP.

27. Santram Meena

Santram Meena New Member

28. Rafi Shaik

Rafi Shaik New Member

5 years for assisant to Grade A on an average? Lol.People of 2012 batch, who joined in December 2012, already became Grade A and got transferred in Nov 2016. 3 years 11 months me to exam hokar, result declare hokar, unki posting bhi aa gayi and vo chale bhi gaye.The recruitment of assistants started in 2012 after many years and that was the first batch in recent times to get promoted according to recent guidelines.5 saal ka average batane wala batch bhi to hona chahiye? 2012 batch is the only batch to get promoted. 2012 se pehle ka batch 2000 ke around aaya tha

29. Tracy Pe

Tracy Pe New Member

Absurb stupidity! SBI PO ban na aasaan nahi h. SBI me aane ke liye jigra chahiye. Me SBI me 19 months se hoon. Bahut kuch dekha hai. Work culture. Ethics. Good staff. Bad staff. Politics. Good customers. Rude Customers. Pressure. Patience. Or in sabse ...See more

30. Jay Verma

Jay Verma New Member

Good point,personally i won't go from Officer to clerical level either,besides the pay cut of 12-15k would bite too,but i guess it all boils down to one's perspective ..if one wants a slow yet peaceful life then Rbi Assistant is the perfect choice ,also it might be the only way into rbi for many who can't make it through the tough Grade B entrance